Is it summer yet?
Officially it is still fall but to me it feels like the dead of winter. We’ve already had our first snow fall, and well, it’s pretty chilly outside.
I know I appreciate summer even more because in Vancouver, we do experience all four seasons. I try and try to appreciate each and every season but let’s be honest, nothing beats summer!
And, thinking of summer gets me thinking about Mediterranean summers.
We’ve been running our yoga programs in Greece for several years now, and this summer we have even more offerings, from Yoga Holidays to Yoga Teacher Trainings.
The breadth of programs we offer allows everyone to participate in some way. We’ve had students come to us who have never practiced yoga before, and others who have had a dedicated practice for over twenty years. True to Semperviva’s philosophy, we offer yoga for every body.
We’ve hosted honeymooners, to single seniors, and everyone in between.
Here’s a little more info for you:
- Our holidays and trainings are held on the island of Kythera, where our family is from. We have chosen a location where we can immerse in traditional culture, and experience authentic Greece. What does that mean? It means we know every restaurateur, hotelier, car rental company, and probably each inhabitant. What does this mean for you? It means you will be exceptionally well taken care of.
This is not an “all inclusive” experience that isolates you from the experience of a different culture. This is a deep immersion into the culture, language, history, food, and traditions of the island.
It’s the full meal deal.
- We’re serious about yoga but seriously believe that yoga is about finding joy. We’d like to help you unload all the tension and strain of modern day living so that by the end of your holiday/training you feel truly transformed. Whatever your physical condition is when you arrive, you’re going to feel great by the time we let you go.
- Easy travel. Kythera is a mere 35 minute flight from Athens, Greece. We pick you up at the airport and are determined to make your holiday/training worry free.
We speak the language, we know the people, we live and breathe yoga. We’ve got it all.
- New friends. One of the most rewarding aspects of our trips is the friendships that form. By the time we part, it’s as if we’ve lived a lifetime together.
- Repeat guests. You’ll find that Semperviva has many repeat guests. The island has so much to offer that even after over fourty years of travelling there, I’m still discovering new things.
This year, we were lucky enough to receive a guided tour of new
- Weather. Very reliable! We can almost guarantee sunshine each and every day. At worst you might spot the odd cloud in the sky, that will pass over very quickly. The refreshing sea breezes will keep you from ever feeling too hot.
7. Swimming. Absolutely the best! No sharks, no rip tides, no jagged rocks or barnacles on the sea shore. The waters here are paradise for swimmers.
- Accomodations. We’ve chosen an immaculate boutique hotel for our programs. Yoga is held in the courtyard facing the sea. Your rooms are cleaned daily, and have a kitchenette but don’t bother cooking there are far too many amazing cooks on the island.
- Night life. Well, it is pretty peaceful on Kythera, but we get out to the local haunts and create our own fun. We provide transportation for all our evening excursions so you can relax completely
I don’t want to give away all our surprises. Join us, we promise you an unforgettable Semperviva Yoga experience