Kundalini is the awakening of the unlimited potential that already exists in every human. Enjoy my videos and insights to help you improve your practice and your day.
Sat Kriya is essential to the practice of Kundalini yoga. It balances the energies of the lower chakras by mixing the prana and apana at the navel centre. The heat generated here opens the inner channels to the flow of Kundalini energy. Sat Kriya tones the nervous system, calms the body and mind, and stimulates and strengthens the entire sexual system:
• Sit in rock pose
• Arms overhead, elbows straight, arms hugging the ears
• Interlace fingers, and press index fingers together (women cross left thumb over right, then reverse)
• Chant “SAT NAM” approximately eight times for every ten seconds contracting the navel point as you chant “SAT”, and allowing the belly to relax as you chant “NAM”
• The contraction at the navel point will create an automatic contraction of the rectum and sex organs as in mulbandh but the lock is created from the navel contraction
• To end, inhale and squeeze the muscles from the buttocks running all the way up the length of the spine. Hold the inhalation briefly and then exhale
• Hold the breath out as you apply mahabandh contracting the lower pelvis, lifting the diaphragm, applying neck lock and squeezing the muscles from the buttocks up to the neck (hold as long as is comfortable–5 to 20 seconds)
Breath of Fire
Strengthens the nervous system, purifies the bloodstream, energizes and stimulates and increases your vital capacity. It is one continuous and powerful breath, with no pause between the inhalation and exhalation.
• The first few days of menses
• Heart conditions
• High blood pressure
“The practice of Kundalini Yoga balances the glandular system, strengthens the nervous system and enables us to harness the energy of the mind and the emotions, so we can be in control of ourselves, rather than being controlled by our thoughts and feelings.”
Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa’s book, Kundalini Yoga, The Flow of Eternal Power